Education Officer Job, Teaching Kenyan Vacancies 2021,
Job advert for the position of an Education Officer for
Waldorf Kakuma Project
Job Title: Education Officer
Nature of job: Full time
Job Location: Nairobi
Waldorf Kakuma Project was founded in 2012.
Our organization creates a safe environment, where children have the chance to learn; to overcome trauma through therapeutic activities, build confidence and establish discipline. We help to bring stability; where children establish a new sense of normalcy, to feel safe, free from violence and protected from exploitation. Our teaching brings unity amongst difference; understanding and tolerance to instil peace in the lives of children.
An Education Officer is responsible for providing model and mentorship sessions with teacher coaches focusing on enhancement of learning outcomes for the early learners. He / She is also responsible for ensuring that educational/child protection approaches and strategies as well as the development and resources of the department are in line with the Waldorf Kakuma Project objectives. To also work proactively with internal and external partners through existing partnership agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively provide model and mentorship sessions with teacher coaches focusing on enhancement of learning outcomes for the early grader learners;
- To provide leadership in teacher coaching education activities and provide termly trainings for teachers on how to improve instructional approaches in CBC focusing on literacy and numeracy;
- Train teachers on the preparation of effective teaching and learning aids for use in literacy and numeracy lessons, specifically related to the lesson plans and student books;
- To actively provide model lessons for teachers, which adhere to the lesson plans and which enhance pupil learning and ensures that teachers operate with fidelity to the lesson plans;
- Check on and assist teachers in areas of proper and effective use of schemes of work, lesson plans, effective and specific teaching aids, supplementary materials and student books;
- To carry out a minimum of two visits per school per month for purposes of giving on the spot subject intervention assistance;
- Work and support teachers of all levels of skills to improve instruction as measured by learning outcomes;
- To organize and facilitate termly professional development sessions for all PP 1 & 2 teachers 5 days in duration;
- To organize regular reflection meetings for all PP 1& 2 teachers in assigned project schools, and to produce and keep a detailed file of the challenges faced by teachers from these meetings
Skills and Qualifications required:
The suitable candidates must possess though not limited to the following qualification:
- Diploma in Education or its equivalent
- Registered with TSC
- Minimum of 3 – year experience in a humanitarian setting
- Demonstrate experience as a trainer
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with other colleagues and to provide guidance to help resolve issues when necessary
- Demonstrate ability to assess the needs of teachers
- Experience of working with the community and the community systems such as elders, chiefs and any other community leaders
- Previous experience managing teams.
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Good communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
- Excellent planning and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Strong analytical, monitoring and evaluation and report-writing abilities
- Flexible, team player and result oriented
- Ability to take initiative and work under minimum supervision
- Proven track record of excellence in a reputable institution
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Submitting your application
- All interested candidates must submit a CV (with references) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject ‘Application for an Education Officer’ on or before 30th July 2021.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Waldorf Kakuma Project does not charge any fee to process your application.