Program Officer Job, Latest NGO Kenyan Job Vacancies,
Job advert for the position of a Program Officer for
Waldorf Kakuma Project
Job Title: Program Officer
Nature of job: Full time
Job location: Nairobi
Waldorf Kakuma Project was founded in 2012.
Our organization creates a safe environment, where children have the chance to learn; to overcome trauma through therapeutic activities, build confidence and establish discipline. We help to bring stability; where children establish a new sense of normalcy, to feel safe, free from violence and protected from exploitation. Our teaching brings unity amongst difference; understanding and tolerance to instil peace in the lives of children.
To provide Programmatic and Technical support to field staffs implementing increased access to marginalized children toward the attainment of child-well-being outcomes and donor requirements. The holder will also be responsible for evidence-based research and advocacy for the review of existing legal and policy frameworks at the county & national level. Through identification of the gaps and challenges in the implementation of these legal and policy framework, the holder of the position will also be expected to engage with partners including community groups in advocating for better education for the children in the informal sector. The successful applicant will be expected to organize and capacity-building communities so as to enhance community-based advocacy for education at the county and national levels in Kenya.
Duties and responsibilities
Programmatic and technical support
- Provide strategic and technical support to implementation of education projects
- In liaison with field staff, ensure timely development and implementation of work plans and budgets for grant.
- Ensure project implementation is in line with donor guidelines, timelines and targets
- Ensure all interventions are implemented within schedule, plans and budgets
- Ensure timely implementation and expenditure level reviews to track and manage work plans and budgets
- Oversee integration of education into child protection interventions for increased impact
- Maintain relationship with donors and respective Ministry of Education officials
- In liaison with procurement and finance ensure timely procurement of program items
- Ensure project work plans, progress reports are shared with donor as per approved agreement
- Provide technical support during Education Surveys/evaluations, baselines and assessment to ensure quality check with methodology, tools and the entire process.
- Ensure Education project designs and/ or re- designs are done in accordance with donor guidelines, standards and GoK guidelines while responding to community needs and contexts.
- Ensure both financial and program reports are in line with donor policies and reporting guidelines and are submitted to the donor as per agreed timelines
- Provide technical support to ensure that findings from project assessments and evaluations inform the subsequent programme designs
- Support induction of new project staff
Skills and Qualifications required:
The suitable candidates must possess though not limited to the following qualification:
- Diploma in Education or Diploma in social work or psychology or its equivalent
- Registered with TSC or KISWCD (Kenya Institute of Social Worker and Community Development)
- Be above 35 years of age.
- Minimum of 3 – year experience in a humanitarian setting
- Knowledge of Kenya education policies and child laws
- Knowledge of the rights and welfare of children
- Experience of working with the community and the community systems such as elders, chiefs and any other community leaders
- Previous experience managing teams.
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Good communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
- Excellent planning and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Strong analytical, monitoring and evaluation and report-writing abilities
- Flexible, team player and result oriented
- Ability to take initiative and work under minimum supervision
- Proven track record of excellence in a reputable institution
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Submitting your application
- All interested candidates must submit a CV (with references) and cover letter to email@example.com with the email subject ‘Application for a Program Officer’ on or before 25th July 2021.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Waldorf Kakuma Project does not charge any fee to process your application.