As a member of the Country Program’s (CP) Senior Management Team, you will provide leadership and management of the operational functions – Finance, Human Resources (HR), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Administration, Information and Communication Technology – in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will promote stewardship of resources, ensure principled compliance, proactively manage risk, and lead operational improvements. As part of the Senior Management Team you will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks, and support the Audit function. While based in Nairobi, this position serves both the Kenya and Somalia programs.
Required Languages –
Excellent English language skills, Swahili and Somali an advantage
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 30 % within Kenya and Somalia.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to work collaboratively
- Team leadership abilities
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Knowledge of multiple public donors’ regulations, including USAID, highly preferred.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Knowledge of procurement and office administration/management issues.
- Ability to represent the agency at high levels
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to respect, equity, diversity and inclusion, including gender equality.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Direct supervisor for Finance Manager, HR Manager, Deputy Head of Operations, Insight Advisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal Head of Programs; Somalia Emergency Coordinator, Kenya and Somalia program and operations staff; support staff; Deputy Regional Director for Management Quality; regional technical advisors (RTAs) for MQ, various HQ departments.
External Consortium members and other partners, particularly Caritas partners.
- Master’s degree in International Development, Business Administration, Finance or relevant field required.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a management position with progressive responsibilities. Experience with an international NGO and experience outside country of origin preferred.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education; additional
education may substitute for some experience.
- Understanding of financial systems, including budgeting and budget/expense analysis experience. Knowledge of financial reporting software highly preferred.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship**Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular
traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.*
*Disclaimer**: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.*** Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination. CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.**
CRS welcomes candidates from the countries and regions in which we work. In the event the successful candidate is an expatriate or global telecommuter, the anticipated duration of the assignment is informed by a term limit, based on the type and level of the job and the needs of the agency. CRS is an
Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
How to Apply