Catering Officer Job, Current Hotel Jobs in Kenya 2021,
KNH Othaya Hospital
JOB GROUP KNH 9 (1 POST) (KNH OTHAYA HOSPITAL)
An Officer at this level will be responsible to Senior Catering Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating of food production and service in the Hospital
- Ensuring daily and thorough cleaning of the kitchen and kitchen equipment
- Monitoring adherence to the hot and cold chain processes
- Ensuring meal production and service is done to meet the requirements in the service charter.
- Receiving food and non-food items as per LPO and schedule from the suppliers for use at the Main kitchen food production area in collaboration with other members of the receiving team,
- Maintaining the food sampling and monitoring tools
- Preparing duty rota for staff under him/her, supervise and appraise staff based on productivity report
- Ensuring adherence to FIFO store management systems
- Checking and controlling food portions and wastage
- Documenting and addressing client complaints and compliments.
- Updating and maintaining the risk register
- Ensuring meal production is as per the provided recipes
- Daily costing of food items issued
- Monitoring food issues and balances
- Implementing OSHE guidelines
- Assisting in Developing standard operating procedures for the section and ensure compliance
- Taking part in the implementation of departmental performance contract
- Participating in the formulation, conducting and analysing customer satisfaction survey for patients and address customer feedback
- Coaching and mentorship of staff
- Enforcing staff adherence to HACCP standards
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel and Catering Management or Hotel and Hospitality Management or Hospitality and Tourism Management or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Registered with relevant professional body
- Evidence in Proficiency in Computer Application.
- Fulfillment of requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
How To Apply
All those Interested in the above positions and meet the minimum requirements are requested to download and fill the application form. The application form together with a detailed C.V. indicating qualifications, experience, current responsibilities, copies of testimonials and certificates must be submitted on or 12th October 2021 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
(A) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance
“Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification”.