Legal Internship, Internship Vacancies in Kenya,
The role will provide legal support, research , drafting and advisory services to the legal team and the business when required through proactive identification, communication and mitigation of legal risks within the business.
- Identifies legal risks and helps the business navigate them, providing legally compliant creative solutions which deliver competitive advantage to the business objectives taking into account compliance, reputation, cost, risk and other consequences.
- Advises communications, industrial relations, tax and finance on statutory obligations under the relevant legal Acts and associated legislation and regulations relating to matters such as governance frameworks, share dealing and associated disclosures, directorships, annual accounts, company incorporations, acquisitions, disposals, restructurings.
- Development and maintenance of relationships with relevant external contacts (e.g. external lawyers, registrars, regulators, external bodies etc).
- Contracts and other legal documents –Review and draft legal contracts and other legal documents generally
- Manage records of contracts & other legal documents deposited with Legal department for safekeeping.
- Litigation Support – provide support to Unilever representation at court sessions and follow up of external advocates to deliver value for legal fees paid.
- Facilitate appropriate legal documentation and witnesses for the litigation process responsible for litigation update reports
- Legal review – Facilitate the availability of laws and regulations relevant to company operations research and review laws and regulations regulating the company advisor on all changes to laws and regulations
- Services Management/ Rates & Rents – Insurance and licensing manage the company’s lease portfolio alert the relevant functions on expiry of leases and facilitate renewal and termination of leases facilitate payment of rent and rates.
- Process Artwork approval
- Management of employee staff Loan schemes
- Provided support on Company Secretarial responsibilities for the operating entity.
- Facilitate notarisation of documents and Affidavits in Court.
- Provide other ad hoc legal services as may be required from time to time
- A graduate of Law (LL.B)
- Undergoing pupillage training with a view to admission to the Bar (Dip KSL)
- Certified Public Secretary (CPS) will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
- Excellent analytical skills & attentive to details
- Outstanding team & Technological skills
- Appetite for learning
How To Apply