Aviation Safety & Security Training Job, Security Kenyan Jobs 2021,
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is responsible for providing regulatory oversight, air navigation services and aviation training in Kenya. The Authority is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions in its establishment:
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT- AVIATION SAFETY & SECURITY TRAINING, EASA – KCAA SCALE 6 – REF: EASA/AS/12/21 – (1 POST)
Department/section: Aviation Safety and Security Management
Reports To: Registrar – Academics Affairs
Job Purpose: To plan, direct and organize the development and implementation of Aviation Safety & Security programmes and courses to meet industry needs.
- Planning and approving targets, budgetary guidelines and use of resources for the development and implementation of Aviation Safety & Security programmes;
- Coordinating with other faculties/ departments as may be necessary for efficient and profitable delivery for Aviation Safety & Security programmes;
- Devising strategies to retain students and maintain recurrent revenue base;
- Evaluating the long term capability requirements, systems, equipment and human resources, of the faculty/department against the School’s Strategic Plan and determines plans and initiatives to be taken;
- Identifying industry needs and students career needs in order to develop innovative faculty programmes that increase both student intake and revenue from industry;
- Coordinating with the Registrar Academics and other departments as may be necessary to resolve staff issues, including disciplinary matters, appointments, contracts, promotions etc in the Aviation Safety & Security faculty;
- Liaising with stakeholders/organizations as may be necessary for realization of the faculty
- Coordinating with the Quality Management department to implement quality systems;
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Registrar, Academic
- A master’s degree in an aviation related field.
- A Bachelors degree in any of the following fields: Engineering, Aviation management, Humanities and social Sciences, Education, Physics, Information Science or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized
- A valid license or certificate of competency in the area of specialization in accordance with the national and international standards and regulation, where
- Instructor Training
- Train the trainer’s
- Certificate in Curriculum
- Training in management or leadership
- Ten (10) years relevant work experience
- Four (4) years’ experience in a senior Aviation Safety/Security oversight
Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of relevant ICAO standards and national requirements applicable to training
- Knowledge of quality systems in higher learning institutions and applicable ICAO
- Knowledge and application of course and training methodology
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Knowledge of industry trends and needs.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of examination administration and management
- Proficiency in computer operations
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to submit their application letters quoting the job reference no. on the envelope and application letter, attaching copies of certificates, testimonials and a detailed CV with full contact details of three professional referees to the address below. The applications should be received not later than 9th November 2021.
Details of the job specifications can be obtained from the KCAA website at www.kcaa.or.ke
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply. Note, persons with disabilities are required to attach a copy of valid NCPWD membership card.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority Aviation House – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.