Physics/Chemistry Laboratory Technician Job, Kenyan Laboratory Technologist Vacancies October 2021,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up equipment, apparatus, chemicals and reagents for practical lessons.
- Perform demonstrations and provide technical support to trainees during the practicals.
- Maintain laboratory inventory.
- Ensure that all the required equipment, chemicals and reagents are available for use when required.
- Ensure requisition of laboratory consumables so that replenishment is timely.
- Maintain safe storage of laboratory chemicals and equipment to avoid incidences or accidents.
- Report any breakdown of equipment for the purposes of making replacements.
- Ensure safety and security of students and other users of the laboratories.
- Clean all laboratory equipment to ensure efficient operation of the laboratory.
The suitable candidate should have the following qualifications and experience:
- KCSE Mean grade C- (Minus)
- Minimum of a Diploma in science laboratory technology from a recognized institution
- Well versed in ICT both as a working and reporting tool
- Ensure safe disposal of laboratory waste as per occupational safety and health standard.
How To Apply
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials, and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies of these documents must accompany the email application.
- Applicants must also submit the following:
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
- Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church.
All the positions above require individuals who are committed to Christian values and are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism. All applications shall clearly be marked with the Reference Number of the Advertised position “Application for the position of (position applied for)”and submitted as follows:
- Three (3) hard copies, and
- An electronic copy in PDF format to be sent direct to the Vice Chancellor on email: email@example.com
Three hard copies marked as per the position should be sent to:
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P.O. Box 267 – 60200
So as to reach the Vice Chancellor not later than 15th October 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants are required to request their referees to write to us directly using the above address.