Field Service Engineer Job, Kenyan Engineering Vacancies,
Roche Diagnostics in Nairobi, Kenya is seeking a Field Services Engineer to provide diagnostic instrumentation post-sales technical support in accordance with the manufacturers specifications and Roche Diagnostics standards.
- Resolve/take accountability for cases by receiving case, contacting client, providing telephonic support (if possible) and coordinating resolution of case within SLA/deadline.
- Provide technical support on site by coordinating appointment to resolve case with key contact at customer, organizing required parts and equipment and providing support within deadline / SLA.
- Coordinate resolution of escalated technical cases by identifying issues that require escalation, referring to appropriate escalation process, providing feedback to customers, internal sales and line manager, following up until resolved and closing case within customer expectations.
- Follow-up with customers after cases are closed by contacting clients via telephone or email, verifying case is fully resolved, reopen/open cases if the issue is reoccurring and resolve within deadline.
- Proactively provide technical support to customers by receiving adhoc customer support requests while on site, after hours etc., by receiving request for support from customer, logging case on system, providing technical support and closing case or distributing case correctly immediately.
To conduct modifications by receiving notification of modification/enhancements, upskilling on technical requirements, contacting customers to schedule modification and conducting as per specifications and standards and within deadline To manage the modification projects by engaging with internal stakeholders and providing technical guidance on.
Installations & De-Installations
- Initiate installation / de-installation projects by being appointed as project installation lead, engaging with Project Manager, agreeing installation requirements and specifications, conducting site inspection, understanding customer expectations and requirements and developing installation plan within deadline.
- Conduct installation /de-installation by preparing all equipment and parts and installing system according to specifications, installation manuals and standards within deadline and as per plan.
Customer Service Support
- Maintain a customer centric approach with all customer engagements by aligning with the Roche values, maintaining professionalism, providing quality technical support and advice and delivering according to their expectations and SLA at all times.
- Proactively resolve customer issues by conducting courtesy visits, identifying potential issues and resolving and taking preventative action at all times.
- Provide customers with all case relevant documentation by completing case reporting, collating documentation and issuing (email/print and issue) to the customer within deadline.
- Manage customer support stock levels (boot-stock) by reconciling stock, recording stock utilisation, ordering additional stock, complying with the used and unused returns authorisation and the stock control processes at all times.
- Address stock discrepancies by identifying inconsistencies, refer to relevant department for resolution and follow-up until resolved monthly.
- Complete expense reporting by complying with the T&E policy and system requirements monthly and as required.
- Complete overtime reports by capturing overtime, signing and submitting by deadline monthly.
- Maintain an up to date and accurate planning board and team planner by capturing daily and long term planned activities according to standards and by daily deadline.
- Maintain technical compliance standards by completing e-learning modules or training and achieving required compliance standards as required and within deadline.
- Maintain tools of trade by verifying and maintaining calibration and storing and maintaining according to specifications and standards at all times.
You, as an ideal candidate, will have the following skills, experience and education:
- Essential: Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Technology or equivalent.
- Experience: 2-3 years technical support services experience – medical diagnostic industry experience is preferred.
- The successful candidate needs to be in possession of a valid drivers license and have a valid passport (within 3 months of employment)
How To Apply