Barman/Mixologist Job, Current Hotel Jobs Kenya 2021,
JOB TITLE: BARMAN / MIXOLOGIST
REPORTING TO: RESTAURANT MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: FOOD AND BEVERAGE
The Barista shall be responsible for production of all hot beverages, different types of coffee, smoothies, alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks in the establishment and for the delivery of a friendly, efficient guest service while creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all guests.
- Prepare tea, coffee, cocktails and mock tails to the laid down standards.
- Take orders correctly and ensure efficient service.
- Promote beverage sales.
- Plan, organize, and control the operations of a cocktail lounge or bar.
- Create new and innovative drinks recipes
- Be up to date and have basic knowledge of current affairs – Sports, Entertainment and News.
- Ensure compliance and knowledge of Alcohol/Smoking Act as stipulated by Law and House Policy.
- Ensure proper storage and care of operating equipment
- Ensure a comprehensive handover is done to any in-coming shift.
- Perform stock takes as per the bar stock
- Requisitioning of products used in production of all beverages from stores;
- Representing the establishment in barista competition and show casing
- Any other duties as delegated by your supervisor.
- Certificate in Food and Beverage Service and Sales or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Should have at least two years working experience in F&B service (or one year in a similar position) and preferably in an established restaurant/bar
- Training and qualification in the knowledge of alcoholic beverages
- KCSE grade C- (Minus) or its equivalent
- Outstanding customer care, communication and interpersonal skills
- Well organized, presentable and with an ability to work under pressure
- Be a good team player
- Excellent Time-keeping skills
- Fluency in English and with good working knowledge of other languages.
How to Apply
Qualified persons to send their CV only to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th November 2021