Estates Officer Job, Other Professions,
RE: FIN & ADM /01/11/2021: ESTATES OFFICER – SS BA 3 (1 POSITION)
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring that construction and maintenance work is carried out to the required standards, specifications, schedule and within the budget.
Three (3) years renewable contract subject to good performance.
- Preparing construction drawings
- Preparing bills of Quantities
- Conducting site inspections of the ongoing works and checking that building plans are being followed correctly.
- Checking drawings and written instructions and using them as a reference when inspecting the work
- Developing process and works quality checklists and ensuring the inspection is done thoroughly and objectively
- Preparing progress reports
- Identifying defects and suggesting remedial action
- Ascertaining the materials delivered on site meet the specifications and quality standards
- Ensuring that building regulations, health and safety, legal and environmental requirements are met
- Keeping detailed records of various aspects of the work
- A minimum of diploma in the field of Building and Construction
- Certificate in AUTOCAD or ARCHICAD
- Must have good spoken and written communication skills
- Must be computer
- At least 5 years working experience in the construction industry
- Knowledge of legislation relating to the construction industry
- Have a wide understanding of the building industry, including knowledge of materials, trades and methods of construction
- Working knowledge of good environmental management, health and safety and safe working practices
- Experience in construction management
Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide the following documents:-
- Certificate of good conduct
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the relevant position and names/contact information for three (3) referees.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 19th November, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100