Computer Science Lecturer Job, Latest Teaching Jobs in Kenya 2021
Basic Salary: Ksh.99,409 /= Salary Progression: Ksh.99,409 x 3160-108,882 x 3155-18,348 x 4468-131,750 x 4467- 140,683 p.a. House Allowance: Ksh.55,286/=
Ref No: MMU/LEC/03/2021
Applicants should have the following qualifications;
- A PhD in the relevant area of specialization from a recognized and accredited University in Kenya OR a master’s degree in the relevant area of specialization from a recognized and accredited University in Kenya and at least three (3) years of teaching experience at University level.
- At least two (2) publications in refereed journal(s) or four (4) equivalent publication points.
- Be registered with a professional body/organization (where applicable).
- Show evidence of continued research, attendance and contribution in academic conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Show evidence of effective teaching and active participation in departmental activities.
Reporting to the Head of Department, the main duties will include:
- Teaching both undergraduate and post graduate students
- Articulating the mission of the department and the University
- Initiating planning and conducting research
- Developing teaching materials
- Supervising post graduate students in research activities
- Participating in development and preparation of Faculty development plan
- Attending and participating in seminars/workshops/conferences in relevant fields
- Participating in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of curricular activities in the department
- Contributing to research activity in the subject area including determining relevant research objectives and preparing research proposals.
- Engaging with other researches internally, nationally and internationally to initiate collaborative partnership with other educational institutional.
- Sourcing for internal and external research grants to fund innovative projects by maintaining high quality and cutting-edge research programs.
- Supervising the work of students, including teaching practice, field trips or clinical services where appropriate, provide advice on study skills, and help them with learning problems.
- Setting, marking, and assessing work and examinations and provide constructive feedback to students.
- Giving input in the development of quality assurance framework within the University’s overall framework, including validation and revalidation of courses, student admission and assessment.
- Initiating new and original solutions to problems affecting delivery of courses within own educational program and in accordance with the institutional regulations.
- Preparing, reviewing and updating course content materials for lecturers, lab sessions and seminars through maintaining of course and learner records in accordance to university policy guidelines.
- Coordinating in the development of modules on the digital platform and oversee the design and development of the curricula within the area of specialization.
- Presenting research findings and innovations to conferences in order to increase the visibility of the university and to influence international policy environment for improvement of life
- Engaging with local and international stakeholders to establish linkages and networks in order to work together for the betterment of communities in various ways such as research and innovations
- Participating in curriculum design and development for the school or department within the quality assurance framework.
- Preparing research proposals with a project description and budget for sourcing internally and externally funds for research projects and directly oversee internally and externally funded research grants and produce reports for such grants.
- Developing budgets to ensure proper and efficient use of resources especially in departmental projects, industrial based learning projects, research projects.
- Managing and supervising the development of evidence-based policies and strategies not only in the university but also in other research institutions, government institutions, community, NGOs and other organizations nationally and internationally.
- Managing and supervise project teams in order to develop innovative approaches and
- models that influence positively national and global policies.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned or delegated by the Deputy ViceChancellor(A&SA), Dean of School or Chairman of Department from time to time
How To Apply
Application Guidelines and Statutory requirements for the position(s)
- Applicants should attach to their ten (10) application letters copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials together with a detailed curriculum vitae outlining academic and professional qualifications, experience, leadership and management roles,mpublications, awards, scholarships, funding attracted, membership to professional bodies,nlinkages and community service.
- Applicants must attach current clearance from HELB, EACC, KRA, DCI and CRB.
- Applicants are required to give names, addresses and contacts of three (3) referees and should indicate on the envelope the Reference Number and the position applied.
Applications for the position of Senior Internal Auditor should reach the Chairman of Council on the address indicated below on or before 5:00 pm on 30th November, 2021.
The Chairman of Council,
Maasai Mara University
P. O. Box 861-20500
Applications for the position of Lecturer should reach the Deputy Vice- Chancellor,
Administration, Finance and Strategy on the address indicated below on or before 5:00 pm on 30th November, 2021.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance & Strategy)
Maasai Mara University
P. O. Box 861-20500
Maasai Mara University is an equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification.
Maasai Mara University is ISO 9001:2015 Certified Institution