Legal Officer Job, Latest Legal Jobs In Kenya 2021,
LEGAL OFFICER GRADE EBK 6
REF: EBK/HR & ADM/RT/030/VOL. I/ (323)
REPORTING LINE: LEGAL OFFICER WILL REPORT TO SENIOR LEGAL OFFICER
The Legal Officer is to ensure the legal documents are updated and that all the correspondents onlegal matters are properly filed and acted upon.
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail:-
- Maintaining and updating files systematically and accurately to ensure rapid access and retrieval;
- Filing contracts and court documents;
- Responding to inquiries and drafting letterson specific cases;
- Serving legal documents to clients and otherstakeholders;
- Monitoring progress of contract and courtcases;
- Maintaining and updating master diary forcourt cases;
- Filing documents in court; and
- Preparing reports.
- Have a degree in Law from a recognized university;
- Post graduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Council of Legal Education
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Have a current law practicing certificate;
- Be a Member, Law Society of Kenya (LSK);
Key Competencies and Skills
For consideration to the position, the candidate must demonstrate that they have:
- Proficiency in IT
- Analytical Skills
- Strong Communications and Reporting Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team Player
TERMS OF SERVICE:
The positions are on Permanent and Pensionable Terms of Service.
An attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package awaits the successful applicant.
CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION
- Successful candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya and will therefore be required to provide the following documents;
- Clearance certificates from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
- Valid Tax Compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations ;
- Clearance certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to log onto the Boards recruitment portal via https://ebk.go.ke/recruitment and must complete the registration and submit the same as well as attach the following documents.
- Copy of National Identification Card or Passport.
- Cover Letter
- Detailed CVs (giving current contact details of three (3) referees),
- Copies of all academic and professional certificates, copies of testimonials, details of current position, current remuneration
Attach all the above documents as one pdf document
All applications must be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered. No Hard Copy Application will be accepted.
All applications(Cover Letters) must be received not later than 14th December2021 at 1700 Hours and should be addressed to;
ENGINEERS BOARD OF KENYA,
P. O. Box 30324-00100 NAIROBI.
The Board is an equal-opportunity employer in keeping with its obligations under the Constitution of Kenya 2010 particularly Articles 10, 27(4) and 232. The Board therefore encourages qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race,culture, religion, marital status or disability to apply.