National Land Acquisition Tribunal Chairperson Job, Latest Kenyan Legal Jobs,
For appointment to the position of Chairperson, National Land Acquisition Tribunal, an applicant must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Hold a law degree from a recognized university or be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya or possess an equivalent qualification in a common-law jurisdiction.
- Have at least ten (10) years’ experience as a Superior Court Judge or professionally qualified Magistrate; or Reporting Responsibilities:
- Have at least ten (10) years’ experience as a distinguished academic or legal practitioner or such experience in other relevant legal field; or iv. Have held the qualifications specified in paragraphs (ii) and (iii) above for a period amounting, in aggregate, to ten (10) years: (Note experience may have been gained in Kenya or in any other country with a Common Law jurisdiction)
- Have a high moral character, integrity and impartiality (meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity).
In addition, the applicants must demonstrate a high degree of professional competence, communication skills, fairness, good temperament, good judgment in both legal and life experiences and commitment to public and community service.
Job Core Competencies:
- Strategic leadership & good interpersonal skills;
- Good judgment in both legal and life experiences;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Confidentiality, high integrity, attention to detail and accuracy;
- Rational decision-making skills;
- Time management and the ability to prioritize work; and
- Research and data management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Chairperson will preside over the hearing and determination of appeals from the decisions of the National Land Commission in matters relating to the process of compulsory acquisition of land pursuant to the provisions of Section 133C of the Land Act, 2012.
Specifically, the Chairperson will;
- Provide overall leadership to the `tribunal in ensuring the efficient delivery and administration of justice;
- Writing and pronouncing awards, judgments, orders, rulings and decrees issued by the Tribunal;
- Facilitate the development of rules of the tribunal with respect to the filing, hearing and disposal of disputes and other matters before the Tribunal;
- Supervise and allocate duties to the members of the tribunal;
- Be the liaison between the tribunal and its stakeholders; and
- Driving the Tribunals vision and mission through the implementation of its programs
How To Apply