Duma Works is recruiting an Accountant for one of its clients in Nairobi.
- Ensure financial transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting systems
- Monitor of cash flow situation of the company and update the management of the cash flow position and any need for inter-bank funds transfers
- Liaise with all relevant staff to ensure timeliness of the flow of data for monthly report preparation.
- Ensure that the files for bank transfers, bank reconciliations, and cheques are up to date and are kept safe and available to authorized staff only.
- Maintain the asset register.
- Prepare and process of vendors payments.
- Prepare invoices and follow-up on payments.
- Preparation of end-month journals for posting in the system and thereafter undertake the monthly sub-ledger reconciliations.
- Ensure payment of all branch expense claims and that adequate amounts are available in the respective branches, to enable continued sustenance of branch needs.
- Assist the management in budget preparation and consolidation.
- Help in facilitating the work of external Auditors and assisting in the implementation of audit recommendations.
- File company statutory returns (VAT, WHT, Excise duty, PAYE, NSSF, andNHIF)
- Prepare monthly management reports;
- Prepare reports on recurring expenses;
- Prepare cash flow forecast and budgets; analyze the Company’s annual, quarterly and monthly budgets.
- Hold regular meetings with management to discuss the budgetary position and agree to action plans where required;
- Explore and recommend ways to decrease the expenses of the company including tax cuts, etc.;
- Be involved in corporate strategic planning initiatives and control the costs of products developments or new projects the company may be planning.
- Any other duties assigned by the directors.
- Administer the company’s payroll and associated statutory requirements (PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, leave) and other authorized pay deductions
- Work closely with the management to prepare accurate inputs, deductions, and computations for monthly payroll processing for all staff.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of monthly payroll cost analysis and reports by including summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions and leave days
- CPA(K) qualification.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance /accounting will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience as an accountant in a busy institution
Organization and Administration skills
- Excellent organization, time, work and self-management skills
- Ability to establish daily and monthly priorities and activities and manage own diary
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and monitor own and handle heavy workload
- Ability to work well under pressure and against conflicting deadlines
- Ability to act with initiative in all matters and handle confidential information
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively in different situations and teams to carry out the assigned task
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with individuals and team as a whole
- Ability to motivate others by personal modeling, professional credibility and trust
How to Apply
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “3565”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3565 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Wednesday, 06 March 2019
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.