Accountant Jobs, Finance Jobs, Office of the Controller of Budget Jobs
Grade COB 6
This position is available on 1st July, 2019
Reporting to the Manager Finance/Accounts, the officer will be responsible for implementing and maintaining sound accounting policies systems and procedures in line with generally accepted accounting standards.
- Ensure proper books of accounts are maintained
- Responsible for bank reconciliations
- Ensure accurate preparation of budgets, periodic financial reports and annual financial statements
- Implement sound accounting procedures, policies and systems in line with International Public Sector Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Provide day to day administration of the Gratuity and Pension Scheme
- Maintain accurate asset registers
- Ensure accurate maintenance of cash books.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in either Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Accounting, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized university
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in finance/accounting environment
- Must be a qualified accountant
- Must be well versed with the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
- Must be an active member of a relevant professional body in good standing
Required Skills and Personal Attributes
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Must be well versed with the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Public Finance Management Act, 2012.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
How to Apply
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the envelope and the cover letter.
Enclose a detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, home county, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card. You should also provide names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses. Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application.
Candidates shortlisted for interviews for the above positions will be required to submit the following;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to our Office addressed to:
The Controller of Budget
Bima House 12th Floor, Harambee Avenue.
P.O Box 35616-00100 Nairobi
So as to reach the Office of the Controller of Budget NOT LATER THAN 7th MAY, 2019 AT 5.00PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer.