Job Ref: EHC/1195/19
Department: Finance & Administration
Reports To: Snr. Manager – Finance & Administration
Supervision: Assistant Accountant
Remuneration: Kes. 300,000 p.m
Our Client, a membership association with insurance firms in Kenya is looking to fill the position of accountant. The candidate MUST have worked in an insurance sector.
He/she will be responsible for compiling and posting general ledger information and summaries concerning various financial transactions in order to ensure accurate and timely maintenance of accounting records in accordance with prescribed financial policies, standards and taxation requirements.
- Compile and post general ledger information and summaries concerning various financial transactions in order to ensure accurate and timely maintenance of accounting records;
- Implement expenditure control procedures by ensuring that proper authorization for payments is strictly followed, any expenditure incurred are supported by payment vouchers and other valid accounting documents as well as ensuring that budgetary allocations are not exceeded without justifiable cause;
- Prepare general ledger journal entries to record cash, revenue, and expense activities including proper coding of transaction to the general ledger as well as ensure closure of ledgers in accordance with agreed timetable;
- Perform timely month-end closings including preparation of entries, analysis and reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, preparation of monthly financial statements and preparation of other reports as required;
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, adjust trial balance to include accruals, payments, depreciation and other adjustments and resolve where possible any discrepancies that may be found;
- Carry out bank reconciliation, selected account reconciliation, including cash reconciliation as well as prepare lead schedules, trial balance and other appropriate schedules as required;
- Maintain Asset register to agree with ledger figures and financial statements;
- Monitor accounts receivable and assist with preparation of annual budget and report; act as back-up for accounts payable and payroll;
- Provide financial statements and supporting information, lead schedules, reconciliations, explanations and other information that may be requested by auditors;
- Check and verify any expenditure before preparing payment vouchers, cheques and remittance of payments;
- Proper maintenance, storage and security of financial and accounting documents in order to ensure that they are properly filed, secured and readily accessible for action; and
- Deputize the Finance & Administration Manager on his/her absence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or business related field
- Professional management qualifications such as Certified Public Accountants – CPA (K), ACCA, Certified Public Secretaries (CPS), or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Member of ICPA (K) or relevant professional body.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an insurance sector.
Skills and attributes
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organisation;
- Ability to prepare and interpret financial reports in accordance to international financial reporting standards (IFRS’s);
- Attention to detail;
- Analytical skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team and to interact appropriately with others;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a deadline oriented environment;
- Track record of reliable and consistent performance.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements as stipulated above, please email your application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format to the following email address: email@example.com on or before close of business on Friday 7th March 2019.
Eagle HR Consultants DO NOT charge any interview fee(s) to any