Job Group ‘K’
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Government Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant position;
- In charge of the Accounts Unit of the Agency;
- Ensuring planning, directing, coordinating and supervising the Agency’s areas of control;
- Managing the training and development function of the Agency;
- Undertaking ad hoc assignments relating to accounting services;
- Preparing activity based budgeting, procurement plans, management reports and final accounts on timely basis;
- Ensuring safe custody of Agency assets and records;
- Authorizing approved payments and signing of cheques;
- Managing staff performance in line with set policies and procedures;
- Providing professional leadership and guidance to staff in the Agency; and
- Performing any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time;
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Bachelor of Commerce degree in Commerce (Finance or Accounting option) or its equivalent;
- Passed Part II of the Certified Public Accountants of Kenya Examination or its equivalent;
- A Certificate in Computer Application packages from a recognized institution;
- At least three (3) years relevant experience in a large organization/busy environment;
- Conversant with donor reporting requirements; and
- Meet the requirements of Articles 10, 232 and Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Applicants for the above positions will be required to get clearance from the following to meet requirements of chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya 2010:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum
Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport,and any other supporting documents. The positions applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope.
Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of origin.
Applications should be submitted to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 458-50100
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor.
All applications should reach this office on or before 13th November, 2018.
County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer. Female Candidates and
Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.