KIMC GRADE 7
- Verifying vouchers and committal documents in accordance with laid down rules and regulations;
- Data capturing, maintenance of primary records such as cashbooks, ledgers, vote books, registers and preparation of simple management reports
- Receiving duly processed payment and receipts vouchers;
- Posting payments and receipt vouchers in the cash books;
- Balancing and ruling of the cash books on daily basis;
- Arranging for withdrawal of cash for office use and ensuring safety of the same;
- Extracting and providing cash liquidity analysis
- Preparing expenditure and Authority to Incur Expenditure (AIE) Funding on quarterly basis at district treasury level;
- Preparation of Appropriation In Aid (AIA) returns on quarterly basis
- Paying [personal and merchant claims guided by cash balances in the cash book and treasury regulation; and
- Receipting of all money due and payable to government.
- Served in the grade of accountant III, for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) and passed part II of the certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination
- Part III of the Certified Public Accountant (CPA- K) examination or its recognized equivalent qualification; and
- Certificate in computer application skills
- Shown merit, integrity and ability as reflected in work performance and results
Terms of Service
The successful candidate will be on Permanent and Pensionable terms of service. The Salary for this position will range from Kshs.38,017/= to 54,439/= per month exclusive of allowances.
How to Apply
In addition, candidates must adhere to the provisions of Chapter VI on Leadership and integrity, as enshrined in the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Interested candidates must submit Certificates of Compliance from;
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC),
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); and
- Provide Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID).
Candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their applications quoting job reference number accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae; copies of Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card, Transcripts and Testimonials; Daytime Contacts; Full Names and Contacts of three (3) referees to:
The Director/ CEO
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication
Uholo Road, (South B), Nairobi
Off Mombasa Road
P.O. Box 42422 – 00100
So as to reach him not later than 1st March, 2019.
KIMC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, candidates from marginalized groups and persons with disability to apply. Canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted