- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting) or equivalent from a recognized University and CPA(K);
- Membership registration with ICPA(K);
- Served progressively for five (5) years, three (3) of which should be an Accountant II or equivalent in a similar or reputable Institution;
- Have outstanding professional competence in Public Sector Financial Management;
- Have knowledge and experience in ERP accounting systems;
- Shown merit and ability reflected in work performance and results.
- Meet requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
- Ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multi- cultural and multi- ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect to diversity.
- Be a visionary result oriented and innovative thinker.
- Have the capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Have demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills.
- In charge of a section;
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts;
- Custodian of accountable documents;
- Prepare final accounts and periodic management reports;
- Ensure correct supporting schedules to the financial reports.
- Verify accountable documents in the section.
- Ensuring timely bank reconciliations and daily confirm all postings are done correctly.
- Reconcile tax related matters.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
How to Apply
Applications in ten (10) copies, should be submitted together with a detailed curriculum vitae detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, leadership and management roles, publications/awards/scholarships/funding, membership of professional associations, linkages and community service; copies of relevant certificates, email address and telephone contacts.
Applicant must obtain clearance from Higher Education Loans Board, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission,
Kenya Revenue Authority, certificate of Good Conduct and Credit Reference Bureau Certificate.
Applicants are required to give names, addresses and contacts of three (3) referees and should indicate on the envelope the Reference number and the position applied.
Applications for the position of Accountant I, Executive Secretary II, Senior Secretary and Senior Internal Audit Assistant II should reach the Deputy Vice- Chancellor, Administration, Planning and Finance on the address indicated below on or before 5:00pm on 28th, January 2019.
Deputy Vice- Chancellor Administration, Finance & Planning,
Maasai Mara University
PO. Box 861-20500
Maasai Mara University is an equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification.