Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Ministry of Agriculture Jobs
Reporting to the Regional Coordinating Officer and technically to the Financial Controller. An officer at this level will work under the guidance and supervision of Financial Controller.
- Verification of payments invoices
- Timely posting of all payment vouchers in the accounting software
- Exercise proper custody of all posted vouchers and other accounting documents
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation
- Manage Regional office cash flow
- Supervise and direct the accounting and logistical functions, to ensure efficiency at the regional office
- Authorization of payment vouchers
- Submission of account printouts by Components to the heads of Components for analysis and comments
- Give advice to management on accounting and administration matters at the regional office
- Liaise with the bank
- Liaising with County Treasuries in the Western Region
- Preparation of Statement of Expenditures from Counties in the Western Region
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the Regional Coordinating Officer and the Financial Controller
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance from a recognized Institution of higher learning
- A holder of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K)
- Knowledge of basic computer application will be an added advantage
Desired Attributes and Experience
- Practical experience of at least 3 years in a project financial management unit and acquainted with accounting procedures in the public sector or in donor-funded projects
- Previous experience with IFAD procedures and financial regulations or donor funded projects would be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of accounting softwares such as Sage Pastel, TOMPRO, SUN Systems would be essential.
- Knowledge of key Computer Applications
- Excellent analytical and record management skills
- Fluent (reading, writing and speaking) in English and in Kiswahili.
- Can work under pressure and meet crucial deadlines.
- Good communication – oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
Applicants for this post will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of Kenya Constitution 2010 by attaching copies of the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Director of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
How To Apply
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above positions.
Each application should be accompanied by a CV and cover letter indicating the Reference Number for the position. Each application in a sealed envelope should be addressed to;
The Principal Secretary
State Department for Fisheries, Aquaculture and the Blue Economy
Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries
P. O Box P. O. Box 58187-00200
Hand deliver your application to our offices, Maji House 3rd Floor Room 343 on or before 1st November, 2019.