The accountants shall report to the County Director of Accounting Services and shall be responsible for carrying out accounting services in the County treasury and county departmental entities.
- Controlling of expenditure commitments in the Ministries/Departments;
- Initial evaluation and scrutiny of expenditure proposals and compilation of information required in the budgetary processes;
- Processing of Medium Term Expenditure Framework and revised budget estimates;
- Budgeting of donor financed projects, reviewing of financial implementation of such projects, and monitoring commitments on expenditures;
- Reviewing Programme based budget performance indicators and subsector reports and facilitate finalization of the sub sector reports;
- Preparation and maintenance of monthly cashbooks, bank reconciliations, statutory returns reconciliation, imprest registers, fixed asset register, salary and cash advance registers, and voucher examination.
- Coordinating the preparation of sector budget proposals for departments
- Planning, directing, coordinating, supervising accounting operations in the area of deployment;
- Preparing monthly and quarterly revenue and expenditure reports and annual financial statements for audit purposes;
- Ensuring safe custody of government assets and records
- Ensuring timely and accurate preparation of quality management reports
- At least 3 years working Experience in government accounting and working knowledge of IFMIS system
- Able to work under minimum supervision, meet set deadlines
- Innovative, selfless, high level of integrity and confidentiality in handling government records.
- Must have good report writing skills and be a team player.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following discipline: Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) and Passed CPA III of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examinations.
- Must be a registered member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
- Must have at least a three (3) years’ experience in public or private sector
How To Apply
Interested applicants should download the respective job application forms from the county’s official website using this link vihiga.go.ke/career.html
Fill and submit one hard copy for the best vacancy of interest in a sealed envelope to the office of the Secretary/CEO of the County Public Service Board. Remember to indicate the position applied on top of the envelope and drop it in the Governor’s Building,Ground Floor Room 03.
Deadline for the applications is 31st January,2019 by 5.00pm.
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O. BOX 880-50300,
County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing, giving or accepting bribes will lead to automatic disqualification and prosecution. Only shortlisted
Candidates will be notified.