Accounting Officer Jobs, CPA Jobs, Commerce Jobs, Manpower Services Jobs
Job Ref: MN 7834
Our Client, is a statutory institution whose mandate as a risk minimiser is to provide a deposit insurance scheme for customers of member institutions and to resolve any institution in respect of which the Corporation is appointed receiver or liquidator. The Corporation enhances incentives for sound risk management and generally promote the stability of the financial system.
Our Client is an employer of choice and keen to recruit aggressive individuals to join the premier organization.
Reporting to the Senior Officer, Financial Accounting the incumbent will provide support to the departmental head in providing support to financial functional assignments of the department.
The essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Participating in the preparing Management accounts and reports
- Participating in preparing of external audit schedules and reports
- Participating in the Corporation’s Budgeting process
- Participating and responding to audit queries
- Participating in the Corporation’s Financial reporting
- Performing journal entries as per established and statutory accounting standards
- Assisting the departmental head in preparation of the Corporation’s Strategic plan;
- Assisting in formulating appropriate financial policies and procedures;
- Reconciling of ledger accounts;
- Reviewing payments /online requests for petty cash, stores requisition;
- Preparing financial statements –quarterly and Annually;
- Assisting in establishing and managing vendor information and standard payment terms within the accounting system and scheduling invoices for payment within a given framework;
- Assisting in communicating with suppliers and internal clients to obtain information and clarify/resolve issues;
- Participating in validation of invoices for accuracy, and assigning
- Preparing the annual tax deductions returns and furnishing staff and the Board as appropriate;
- Maintaining invoices and LPO/LSO file and make the necessary follow-up to ensure that items are cleared promptly;
- Maintaining and updating regularly the Fixed Assets Register, including computation of monthly depreciation and posting the same to the General Ledger;
- Posting transactions in the general ledger, cash book and other subsidiary ledgers; and
- Monitoring monthly revenues and expenses and where applicable ensure that they are accrued or posted in the correct accounting period.
- Four (4) years relevant work experience, three of which must be in investment/portfolio management
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or related field
- CPA (K) / ACCA final Qualification
- Proficiency in Computer applications
Key Competencies, Knowledge and Personal Attributes
- ICT Skills
- Judgement Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Report Writing skills
- Organizational skills
Compliance With Chapter Six (6) Of The Constitution Of Kenya
Applicants are required to immediately initiate self-clearance (Comply with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya) from: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Department of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- A Credit Reference Bureau
Please bring the receipts or evidence of the above self-clearance effort to Manpower Services if invited for the preliminary interview. Do not wait to be invited by Manpower Services for you to commence clearance of Chapter 6 requirements
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements as stipulated above, please email your application letter accompanied with a detailed CV and application clearly indicating your current position, current/past and expected remuneration (monthly salary and allowances) to the following email address: email@example.com on or before close of business on Friday, 5th July, 2019.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing in any way will lead to automatic disqualification. Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.