Accounts Manager Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Kenya Railways Corporation Jobs
- Taking responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of the accounting and control information held in and reported from the corporation’s accounting systems.
- Supporting the General Manager Finance in developing and delivering the corporation’s financial strategy;
- Continuous review of financial, control and management information systems and procedures, implementing improvement across the corporation in consultation with General Manager Finance;
- Updating, reviewing and documenting the corporation’s financial policies and procedures;
- Improving the system surrounding all aspects of the corporation’s budgets, forecast and business planning;
- Producing the quarterly management accounts and other reports as required for senior management and the Board;
- Preparing and analysing financial statements;
- Planning projects, exploring potential opportunities and problems, ensuring that resources are available to execute the project. Carrying out any necessary research, analyzing it and concluding on that information.
- Assisting and supporting programme and project managers with preparation of financial reports for funding application and reports to development partners. Compiling the financial information for inclusion in quarterly and year end fund claims, returns and fund audits.
- Developing and maintaining programme and projects reporting and management systems as required;
- Supporting the General Manager Finance in the development of corporation’s operational and projects budgets. Ensuring projects perform against budget by providing financial and monitoring reports, analyzing variances and recommending corrective action;
- Providing advice, support and training on financial issues to the corporation’s staff.
- Providing support and taking responsibility for the performance of the accounts team.
- Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Business Administration preferably in Finance or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University or institution; CPA (K)
- Bachelors Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of Ten (10) years relevant work experience with at least three (3) years in Management role in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Current membership of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other recognized professional body;
- Valid Practising Licence where applicable
- Certificate in Management/Leadership skills;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the Kenya Railways application form (KR/HRA/KEA/FM08), attach their testimonials, certificates and National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
In compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution, attach the following clearance Certificates:
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications to be addressed to the:
Kenya Railways Corporation
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
To be received by Friday, 31st May, 2019.
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Railways is an equal opportunity Employer