Administrative and Finance Assistant Consultant Job at Project Concern International (PCI)
Project Concern International (PCI) is a global development organization that drives innovation from the ground up to enhance health, end hunger and overcome hardship resulting in meaningful and measurable change in people’s lives. Guided by the core values of integrity, accountability, respect and creativity, PCI envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
Job location: This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya with some travel to pastoral counties within the country where the application is relevant.
Position Type: Consulting: 3 months consultancy with possibility of extension based on funding availability and performance
The Administrative and finance assistant will be part of the team that aims to help pastoralists make informed migration decisions through relevant digital information. Project Concern International (PCI) seeks to recruit individuals who are passionate, knowledgeable and experienced administrative work and have basic financial skills. The program is looking for people who are excited about the opportunity to work on a social enterprise project that could have huge impact for some of the most marginalized populations in Kenya and across the continent. The social enterprise will be focused on product testing, launch, marketing and sales of the AfriScout mobile application to pastoral communities in Kenya’s Arid and Semi-Arid Lands. The successful candidate’s assignment will involve office management, support in procurement, preparation of financial requisitions and other administrative work
- Administrative work
- Draft and type routine correspondences
- Maintain filing and other office systems
- Handles communication including telephone, fax and email
- Assists in preparing programs for visitors, including hostel bookings, airport transfer, ticketing etc.
- Support in arranging travel schedules and related logistics (including fund monitoring), together with expense claims for staff
- Maintains office environment and stationary supplies with appropriate records
- Liaises with the appropriate units for repair, supply and maintenance of office facilities
- Sourcing of quotations from vendors
- Simple bid analysis
- Carrying out due diligence on suppliers
- Completing procurement forms – procurement requests, purchase orders etc.
- Financial support
- Preparation of financial requests- payment requests, travel advance request etc.
- Ensure payment vouchers bear the necessary requisition, approvals and quotations where necessary.
- Assist in completing expense reports and reconciliations
- Be responsible for Petty Cash and ensure that all expenses are in line with PCI financial guidelines and rules of internal procedure.
- Collate, scan and archive payment documentation.
- Diploma in Secretarial Science & Office Management, Business Administration or other relevant field of study from a recognized university or college.
- Efficiency with use of (Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is essential
- Basic financial training- at least CPA1
- At least 2 years’ experience in as an administrative and finance assistance preferable for an NGO
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Good judgment and a high level of respect for confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate tasks to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with counterparts
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work a nontraditional work schedule.
- Balance: combining patience, empathy, and honesty with the assertiveness, clout and drive to see any job through to the end.
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment
- Solution orientated
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
- A passion for the mission and values of PCI.
- Participate in PCI’s innovation efforts and in teams on innovation initiatives.
How To Apply
To be considered for this consultancy, we request the following information be submitted on/before December 21, 2018. Please submit your CV, cover letter and three references to Hellen Mutogoh at email@example.com