To oversee and coordinate efficient and high quality administrative function at the AAH-I Headquarters; To be responsible for the provision of efficient and effective procurement management support while exercising a high degree of integrity and accountability.
Administration and Logistics
- Design, implement and oversee the maintenance of administrative systems for the efficient functioning of the office.
- Coordinate and manage the leased Nachu plaza office space.
- Maintain and organize insurance of office equipment through organizing routine maintenance and repairs.
- Coordinate and manage travel arrangements for the organization through liaising with travel agents and country administration for timely cost effective booking arrangements.
- Efficiently arrange for meetings/workshops, manage logistics including office errands.
- Oversee efficient travel arrangements for staff and visitors at all times.
- Liaise with the Regional Finance Manager to oversee management of fixed assets and insurance coverage
- Maintain inventory database and appropriate reports as and when required
- Perform administrative duties for the Finance and Administration Director relating to board meetings.
- Provide administrative oversight on work place health and safety.
- Oversee the procurement of all office supplies and services, auditing and approval of all contracts and payment document ensuring acceptable documentation, standards, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure prequalification of suppliers is done professionally and act as secretary to the procurement committee
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Oversee the negotiations, preparation, approval and execution of contracts, develop MoUs and SLAs that ensure cost savings and AAH-I interests are considered
- Participate in drawing up and reviewing contracts and leases
- Produce monthly Administration reports to monitor achievement and advice on progress against strategic needs of the organization.
- Produce monthly reports on status of procurement requests and LPO commitments and share with the Regional Finance Manager.
- Prepare other monthly reports as required from time to time.
- Supervise and provide adequate guidance, supervision and support to the Assistant Administration Officer.
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field. Training in supply chain or procurement will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years work experience, 3 of which should be on a similar role.
- Proficiency in MS-Office applications
Additional Skills & Competences
- Good skills in conflict resolution/problem solving, teamwork, crisis management
- Experience in working in a multi- cultural environment.
- High level of commitment and working with minimal supervision.
- Able to manage multiple priorities in cross-cultural teams and prioritize under pressure
- Able to respond to deadlines.
- Well-organized in work and filing systems.
- Integrity and strong interpersonal skills.
- Customer Service orientation.
- Strong computer skills, with solid proficiency in managing databases and Excel.
- Able to work under pressure in a busy work environment
- Good planning and organizational skills and efficient work methods.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
How To Apply
Applicants should email application letter and CV (with 3 referees) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 25th January, 2019. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer.