Project Administrative Assistant Jobs, Administration Jobs, Office Management Jobs, NITA Jobs
The key responsibility for this function is administer and manage the front project office at NITA – KYEOP Headquarters’.
- Undertake and coordinating front office, reception duties and maintaining and managing office diary and e-office,
- Organizing and schedules appointments and meetings, taking minutes, sending of notices, agendas and appointments; and using e-office to process date;
- Handling general customer inquiries and directing to thematic officers for response to technical enquiries;
- Administration and management of transport, custodian of work tickets, insurance of vehicles, coordinating travel arrangements and other travel logistics including;
- Office asset management and overseeing the provision of office space, equipment, furniture, office supplies and employment cards;
- Ensuring security of office records, equipment and documents including classified materials;
- Maintaining an up to date filing system in the office, dispatching of files and other documents;
- Establishing and monitoring procedures for record keeping of correspondences and file movements;
- Maintaining contact lists, answering direct phone calls, providing general support to visitors, preparing responses to routine correspondences; acting as the point of contact for internal and external clients; and drafting letters for review and signature;
- In consultation with the Operations Officer, order office supplies and book travel arrangements;
- Managing office protocol and etiquette;
- Ordering office supplies and supervising office cleanliness;
- Managing petty cash and other office administrative services
- Guide and supervise other office administration officers;
- Ensuring security, integrity and confidentiality of date;
- And any other duties that may be assigned.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business and Office Management and or related degree with additional qualification as an Administrative Assistant.
- Proven experience as an Administrative Assistant, or office Administrative Assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Time management – Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Problem solving skills – Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- An excellent communicator – Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented – Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Protocol and cultural respect – Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol, respect, and consideration for different cultures in all communications.
The Front Office and Administrative Assistant will be reporting to the Project Coordinator and will be providing services under the daily guidance of the Deputy Project Coordinator/Head of Operations.
How to Apply
Interested persons should download and fill the NITA APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT FORM REF: NITA/HR&ADM/HRP/01 from the NITA website www.nita.go.ke.
In addition, please attach copies of professional/academic certificates, testimonials, copy of National Identity Card or Passport in envelopes clearly marked the Reference Number and position being applied for and addressed to:
National Industrial Training Authority
P.O Box 74494-00200
To reach by Friday, 5th July, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
- NITA is an equal opportunity employer;
- Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply;
- Persons from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.