Agribusiness Manager Jobs, Agricultural Jobs, Agribusiness Jobs, Insurance Jobs, Sheer Logic Jobs
Sheer Logic Management Consultants is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for an Agribusiness Manager position for one of our clients.
This position is responsible for developing and executing agriculture strategy. This involves market research, managing and developing the agribusiness insurance line by generating new business and improving performance of the existing business. The position is also responsible for ensuring the enforcement of effective credit control, delivery of set loss ratio and claims management framework.
- Developing and executing the agriculture business strategy;
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Building and strengthening business relationships with existing and prospective clients to achieve performance targets;
- Track and record activity on accounts and assist in closing deals to meet these targets
- Conducting market research and exploring opportunities presented by the market to develop innovative agribusiness insurance products and solutions that meet customer needs;
- Developing and constantly updating underwriting service standards and manuals in line with the customer service charter;
- Managing the business portfolio through prudent underwriting in order to achieve the targeted business mix and loss ratio;
- Periodically reviewing the underwriting and risk factors facing the agribusiness insurance book and implement strategies that will ensure profitable growth;
- Liaising and negotiating terms with specialists and other service providers such as veterinary doctors, agronomists, research institutions etc. for risk assessment, risk analysis, and overall business management;
- Developing business plans and project proposals to the management, partners and donors for support in implementation of departmental business objectives;
- Complying with statutory, regulatory and internal control processes at the business units including internal and external audit recommendations;
- Collecting outstanding premium debtors within the credit control policy;
- Managing claims in the agribusiness line of business;
- Develop agribusiness budget and business plans to achieve the set company targets
- Entrench performance based appraisal of departmental staff in line with their set KPIs and departmental targets.
- Participate in company CSR and brand building activities in liaison with other departments
- Train, coach and mentor staff in order to improve performance and cohesion within the department
- Implement interdepartmental SLA in liaison with other departmental heads
- Participate in management meeting, projects and committees as assigned
- In liaison with the HOD, attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- In liaison with the HOD, identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/Agribusiness Management/Agricultural Economics/Horticulture/ Animal Science/Agricultural Education or an equivalent.
- Diploma in Insurance
- At least 8 years relevant experience with at least 3 years managerial experience
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Management skills
- Training skills
- Analytical skills
- Networking skills
- Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Proven team and client relationship management skills
How to Apply
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th October 2019. Please clearly indicate on the subject line as “Agribusiness Manager”