Our client is one of the leading exporters of fresh produce located in Nairobi. They seek to hire a well experienced and results-oriented Agronomy Business Developer to generate profitability, maximize production growth and oversee key agronomy marketing activities in the organization.
Industry: Fresh Produce
Gross Salary: 60–70K
- Recruiting, Training and supervising the Field Agronomist
- Come up with a clear production plan for all the regions: From planting to harvesting for proper
- Advice the management on the measure to be taken on any non-performing field agronomist or technical staff
- Budget plan on the production process putting in consideration the region, Number of farmers expected per year, Materials to be used per region.
- Ensuring the produce meets both the local and EU requirements including produce quality safety, legality and authenticity.
- Farmers approval based on the observation of Good agricultural practice.
- Organization for Global GAP accreditation to the contracted farmers
- Coordination of harvestings and advising the management of daily harvestings.
- Ensuring that agronomist observes proper transportation and documentation of produce from the field to the packed house.
- Prepare routine and special reports to production staff, management and regulatory agencies as required such as analytical results as well as advising and guiding management on areas of improvement based on the data collected
- Diploma/Degree in Horticulture or an equivalent combination of education
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in agribusiness
- Demonstrate PR and interpersonal skills, leadership skills, supervisory skills and strategic planning
- Demonstrate essential abilities such as business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making, and skill development.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge of the environment and legislation/public policy matters in a practical environment/ Commercial awareness.
- Confident and effective in decision making with ability in developing and implementing strategies and adapt tactfulness.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record with the ability to travel independently and long distances across the country.
- Must be able and willing to work for long hours.
How to Apply