Alliance Manager of Alliance & Partnerships Jobs, Statistics Jobs, Kenya Airways Jobs
Kenya Airways, a member of the Sky Team Alliance, is a leading African Airline flying to 54 destinations worldwide, 44 of which are in Africa and carries over four million passengers annually. The Airline was recently voted the Leading Airline in Africa by passengers in the World Travel Awards.
It has been voted the Leading Airline in Africa – Business Class, four years in a row. Kenya Airways has a fleet of 36 aircrafts that are some of the youngest in Africa; this includes its flagship B787 Dreamliner aircraft. The onboard service is renown and the lie-flat business class seat on the wide body aircraft is consistently voted among the world’s top 10.
Kenya Airways is currently seeking additional talent to serve in the position of Alliance Manager – Alliances & Partnerships.
Reporting to theHead of Network Planning & Alliances, the ideal candidate will be tasked with the responsibility of identifying opportunities, implementing and maintaining viable airline partnership arrangements in liaison with all stakeholders for maximum business and network opportunities. Key duties and responsibilities are as outlined below;
- Developing and implementing the program for Kenya Airways competitive strategy and determining the type and level of co-operation in line with the competitive strategy.
- Identifying, initiating and steering viable potential partner agreements to expand and improve Kenya Airways’ network.
- Establishing and maintaining up-to-date profiles of network airlines and potential codeshare partners to guide on choice of partners.
- Evaluating and reviewing of existing partnership agreements to determine value to Kenya Airways.
- Establishing a Partnership Protocol that ensures codeshare agreements are responsive to need, user friendly and managed openly and effectively and work within Kenya Airways’ objectives.
- Developing systems/reports for the collection of data for performance monitoring and stakeholder’s information.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders to ensure their buy-in and support of Codeshare projects.
- Developing, establishing and implementing Codeshare infrastructure and communication processes within Kenya Airways and with Codeshare Partners.
- Managing the codeshare Projects’ budget, acting as budget holder and ensuring that the projects are carried out in accordance to the budget and timescales.
- Participating and contributing to codeshare seminars, reports & partnership events as appropriate.
- Maintaining records of commercial and financial performance of the Codeshare Agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business-related field. A Master’s degree in a relevant filed is desirable.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a relationship and/ or Partnership management role.
- Demonstrable success in working in a similar technical or commercial role
- Experience in negotiating, formulating and negotiating service level and cooperation agreements and contracts.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting information, statistics and financial accounts.
- Experience in project management.
- Ability to understand business constraints & drivers and adapt strategies to address these
- Previous people management and Partnership experience will be key.
- Proven track record of identifying markets and marketing opportunities and delivering against this.
- Broad general knowledge of airline partnerships is an added advantage.
- Ability to converse in French or any other international language will be an added advantage.
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership skills
- Must be possess excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Strong interdisciplinary & team working skills
- Must be proactive and self-motivation
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Cross cultural sensitivity with ability to navigate through diverse
How to Apply