Officer, AML/CFT Compliance Jobs, Business Administration Jobs, Finance Jobs, Banking Jobs, I&M Bank Jobs
Department: Risk and Compliance
Reports To: Manager, AML\CFT Compliance
The role will be responsible for conducting transaction monitoring, High risk AML and Know Your Customer (KYC) reviews, and investigations in addition to Ad hoc projects.
- Monitoring transactions in light of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and identifying suspicious transactions and reporting to the MLRO;
- Assisting in preparation of suspicious transaction reports for review by the MLRO and onward reporting to the Financial Reporting Centre (FRC);
- Collecting information to be used in correspondent Bank questionnaires and Development Financial institutions for review and onward forwarding to the correspondent Bank by the Manager, Operational Risk;
- Assisting in obtaining and updating the Anti-Money Laundering/ Know Your Customer (KYC) information from correspondent Banks as per the requirements of the prudential guidelines
- Assist in the administration and review of customer Risk Scoring, High risk customer Identification and KYC documentation oversight requirements.
- Periodic reviews of high risk customers.
- Handle other duties as assigned to assist with the effective administration of the AML and KYC Policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field from a recognized institution
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience
- Relevant financial institutional and compliance experience, with exposure to different financial institutional products and business operations.
- Internal audit experience will be an added advantage,
- Previous knowledge in conducting transaction monitoring reviews, deep investigations, and reporting suspicious activity related to money laundering and terrorist financing (SAR filings),
- Professional Certification in AML/CFT will be an added advantage
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to establish priorities, plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan
- Good understanding of AML\CFT regulatory policies with the ability to apply regulatory concepts in the day-to-day job functions
- Experience in conducting thorough research on high risk customers,
- Must possess exceptional research and analytical skills with the ability to analyze data and decipher high risk attributes.n
How to Apply