We are pleased to announce the vacancy for an Area Sales Manager(Turkana) within the Commercial Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager-Regional Sales the position holder will be in charge of effective management of agents & sub-agents in the assigned area, growing the agents/sub-agents business to ensure availability of M-PESA services in the area at all times. Indirect generation of sales revenue through effective management of Safaricom Business and Dealer distribution in the assigned area.
- Grow Sales within the Area by developing innovative ways of increasing/growing airtime sales, Mpesa Float availability and terminal sales at the Point of Purchase; Value added services and connections
- Executing to Win through Embedment of Safaricom effective execution daily (SEED) practices towards best in class execution of Trade activities.
- Indirect generation of sales revenue through effective management of Safaricom Business in the assigned area
- Effective implementation of distribution strategy in the trade to achieve availability and grow sales within the assigned area.
- Ensure achievement of set sales and usage targets i.e. Monthly, quarterly, semiannually or annually.
- Prepare, plan and execute Area Sales programs aimed at market penetration
- Ensure shops are well branded according to Safaricom standards & ensure stores are well stocked and sell at recommended sales prices.
- Effective implementation of market penetration strategy in the trade and distribution of all Safaricom products within the territory
- Route mapping and route coverage monitoring of sales team while conducting marketing intelligence.
- Coaching and Capability development for the sales team
- Degree in a business related field.
- Must have at least 4 years working experience in sales and distribution, of which 2 years must be in leading a sales team in sales growth and revenue generation.
- Exceptional leadership and people management skills
- Excellent knowledge of Safaricom products and services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (articulate) coupled with good listening and critical reasoning skills.
- Professional Sales training will be a strong advantage
- Proactive, confident, energetic and able to work under pressure with a positive attitude and use good organization skills.
- Mentoring/coaching skills/experience
How to Apply