Assistant Accounts Officer Jobs, Accounting Jobs, KURA Jobs
(JG 8) – REF: KURA/CS/F&A/19/15 – (1 POST)
- Preparing vouchers in accordance with the laid down rules and regulations;
- Entering primary data and balancing of cashbooks, imprest and advances ledgers;
- Issuing receipts for inward payments;
- Preparing and updating creditor ledgers;
- Preparing and updating debtors ledgers;
- Processing imprests /travel advances and following up on surrenders;
- Making petty cash payments and reimbursements after receipt of approvals;
- Undertaking bank deposits and cash withdrawals;
- Providing safe custody of records and assets under him/her;
- Writing cheques and posting payments and receipting vouchers in the cash books;
- Receipting money due and payable to the authority;
- Paying personal and merchant claims guided by cash balances in the cash books and treasury regulations;
- Preparing and filling records on payments/cash receipts; and
- Performing any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Appointments to the position will be made from persons who:
- Have passed Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination, Diploma or its recognized equivalent qualifications.
- Be proficient in computer applications.
- Fulfill the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution
The successful candidates may be required to work either at the Headquarter Offices or any of the Regional Offices as the case may be. Candidates will be expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution. Specifically, they must obtain and attach copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions/organizations;
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigations Department
- Credit Reference Bureau
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should apply for the positions by downloading the KURA Job Application Form from www.kura.go.ke, fill and submit together with their updated CVs and copies of National Identity Card, copies of all certificates & testimonials including Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya clearances, details of their day time contacts, names, contacts of three referees.
The application should be mailed (by post office/courier service) or hand delivered so as to reach the Director General by 5.00 pm on Tuesday, 16th July 2019. All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference number clearly marked and addressed to the following address:
The Director General
Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA)
IKM BUILDING, Tower B, 5th Ngong Avenue, Opposite Bishops Gate
P.O. Box 41727-00100, GPO, NAIROBI
Applications without the KURA Job Application Form will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Youth, Persons Living with Disabilities and persons from marginalized communities/areas are encouraged to apply