Assistant Commissioner For Cooperative Development Jobs, PSC Jobs
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Basic salary scale: Ksh 85,110 p.m.. – Ksh 119,730 p.m. (CSG7)
- a minimum service period of twelve (12) years and currently serving in the grade of Principal Cooperative Officer, CSG 8 or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Business Administration, Agriculture, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Sociology, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Engineering, Co-operative Management, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management and Organizational Development, Finance or Agribusiness from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce, Business Administration, Agriculture, Economics, Sociology, Law, Agricultural Economics, Co-operative Management, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management and Organizational Development, Finance or Agri-business from a a university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- demonstrated administrative ability and professional competence in work performance.
An officer at this level may be deployed to head a specialized unit. Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- providing technical advice in area of specialization;
- advising on cooperative investments;
- analyzing data for policy formulation;
- enforcing compliance with co-operative legislation;
- carrying out market research and disseminating research findings;
- promoting value addition and processing;
- conducting co-operative banking inspections;
- undertaking co-operative risk assessment; and
- preparing and evaluating co-operative activities and trends for promoting the cooperative movement.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019