Assistant Credit Controller Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Virtual HR Jobs
Our client is in the hospitality business with 4 hotel units operating across the country ranging from a 3-star budget business hotel to a 5-star luxury camp.They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
The position will be responsible for managing the company’s credit system in a manner that supports business operations, mitigates risk, and ensures full compliance with company credit policies.
- Ensure monthly and quarterly billing for rents due in advance
- Conduct regular billing for food and beverage as well as overnight accommodation.
- Ensure monthly cash-flow management and profiling of possible rents received, accounts receivable and delinquent accounts.
- Prepare annual external audit for profit and loss accounts and supplementary service charge audit.
- Reconcile accounts on a regular basis.
- Perform accounts payment/allocation to reflect application of funds towards settlement of invoices.
- Generate weekly debt collection reports to management.
- Ensure that all company’s debts are collected in time and lead the debt collection exercise with programmed reporting to senior management.
- Review, analyse and approve credit applications from customers as per the company policy.
- Revise credit terms with customers based on their performance.
- Prepare and dispatch accurate and timely monthly debtor statements of accounts and reconcile debtors’ accounts as and when necessary.
- Prepare bad debt projection reports and draw these to the attention of the management team and suggest changes to minimize sales to bad accounts.
- Set up meetings with key customers and bad accounts and attend these along with the appropriate members of the management team.
- Maintain close contact with all customers and develop an in depth understanding of their business operations so as to facilitate collection.
- Write demand and reminder letters to customers with overdue accounts and maintain all debtor correspondence.
- Refer all bad debts to the lawyers for action with the consent of senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
- A professional qualification e.g. CPA-K, ACCA will be an added advantage.
- 2-3 years of relevant working experience preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent report writing skills, presentation problem solving and communication skills.
- Credit management and financial skills
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Reporting skills
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com stating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees with the subject “ASSISTANT CREDIT CONTOLLER” by Friday 23rd August 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.