Assistant Director Jobs, Medical Jobs, PSC Jobs
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.84,080 – Ksh. 112,660 p.m. (Job Group ‘P’)
- served for a cumulative period of twelve (12) years, an aggregate of at least three (3) years of which must have been in the grade of Principal Laboratory Analyst, Job Group ‘N’, and /or Chief Laboratory Analyst, Job Group ‘M’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- a Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Analytical/Applied Chemistry, Laboratory Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Biochemistry, Microbiology or Food Science and Technology from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Biological Sciences, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Bacteriology, Virology, Mycology, Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Medical Laboratory Technology, Food Science and Technology, Forensic Science, Public Health, Epidemiology and Disease Control, Epidemiology and Population Health, Infection and Disease Control or Parasitology from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- demonstrated professional competence and managerial capabilities in initiating and implementing laboratory services; and
- shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- coordinating provision of laboratory services in a number of units/sections;
- submitting samples to reference and corroborating research institutes;
- overseeing proficiency testing;
- managing laboratory supplies and equipment;
- providing technical advice on biosecurity matters;
- carrying out drug efficacy tests;
- making Laboratory material requisitions and undertaking technical evaluation for laboratory supplies;
- providing technical advice on bio-security matters; and
- implementing and maintaining Laboratory Operations Standards (ISO 17025).
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 8th July 2019 (Latest 5.00PM)