Assistant Director Jobs, Nursing Jobs, PSC Jobs
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 85,110– Ksh. 119,730 p.m. (Job Group ‘P’)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Principal Nursing Officer, Job Group ‘N’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- a Bachelors degree in either Nursing or Midwifery from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Nursing, Midwifery, Medical Surgical Nursing, Pediatric Nursing, Critical Care Nursing, Oncology and Palliative Care Nursing, Forensic Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Nursing Education, Nursing Management and leadership, Mental Health or Geriatric Nursing from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a registration certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- a valid practising license from the Nursing Council of Kenya; and
- demonstrated a high degree of professional competence and administrative capability.
Note: possession of a certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be considered as an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities include: –
- developing, implementing and reviewing policies, standards, guidelines and programmes in the provision of nursing services;
- ensuring application of the nursing process at the service delivery unit of specialization;
- carrying out comprehensive health needs assessment in the area of specialization;
- monitoring and evaluating health care services in a health facility;
- coordinating the provision of appropriate healthcare services including Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (IMCI), Integrated Management of Adolescents and Adulthood Illnesses (IMAI), immunization and reproductive health;
- providing quantification and specifications for procurement of medical supplies and equipment;
- advising Health/Hospital Management Team (HMT) on matters relating to Nursing Services; and
- implementing continuing professional development programmes for nurses.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- (ii) by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100