Assistant Director Jobs, Medical Jobs, PSC Jobs
Two (2) Posts V/No. 63/2019
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 85,110– Ksh. 119,730 p.m. (Job Group ‘P’)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Senior Pharmacist, Job Group ‘N’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- a Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm) degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in any of the following: Pharmaceutical Policy Analysis and Formulation; Pharmacognosy and Complementary Medicine; Toxicology; Clinical Pharmacy; Pharmacovigilance and Pharmaco-epidemiology; Medicines Supplies Management; Medicine Regulation; Narcotic and Psychotropic Substance Control; Pharmaceutics; Pharmacology and Therapeutics; Pharmaceutical Chemistry; Industrial Pharmacy; Health Systems Management; Pharmaceutical Care; Health Informatics; Health Economics; Epidemiology; Biostatistics; Medical Statistics; Drug Design and Development; Clinical trials; Quality Assurance; Radio Pharmacy; Public Health; Microbiology or Molecular Pharmacology from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate of Registration as a Pharmacist by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board;
- a valid practicing license from Pharmacy and Poisons Board
Note: Possession of a certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- selecting, quantifying, procuring and warehousing of medical supplies;
- monitoring effective storage of specialized medical supplies;
- making entries into relevant inventory management records and registers;
- participating in ward rounds to monitor medicine use, interactions and adverse drug interactions;
- conducting health education on appropriate use of medicines to patients;
- training and mentoring interns and students attached to the facility;
- keeping safe custody and maintenance of up to date narcotic and psychotropic substances records;
- running of poison information centers, disseminating and providing new drug information to health workers and general public; and
- supervising pharmaceutical services at lower level health facilities.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- (ii) by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100