Assistant Director Jobs, PSC Jobs
Salary Scale: Kshs.85,110 – Kshs.119,730 pm (CSG 7)
Terms of service: Permanent and pensionable
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Principal Research Officer, Job Group ‘N’(CSG 8) or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelor’s degree in any research area including and not limited to Agriculture and related studies, Industrial Sciences, Health Sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences and Social Sciences from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Master’s degree in any research area including and not limited to Agriculture and Related Studies, Industrial Sciences, Health Sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences and Social Sciences from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from an institution recognized in Kenya; and
- demonstrated merit and ability in managing Research, Science and Technology.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include: –
- developing Research, Science and Technology policies and strategies, as well as frameworks;
- liaising with Research Institutions, Universities and Private Sector in implementing research policy guidelines drawn by the Government;
- organizing and or participating in Research, Science and Technology workshops/conference/round table discussions with stakeholders at national level; and
- developing Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs) for partnerships in Science, Technology and Innovations.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019