Assistant Farm Manager Job at South Eastern Kenya University
South Eastern Kenya University (SEKU) has vacancies in the Kitui County–SEKU Livestock Improvement Programme (KCSLIP):
Responsibilities for the Assistant Farm Manager Job
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the supervision and management of all functions pertaining to the smooth running of the livestock farm under Kitui County –SEKU Livestock Improvement Programme (KCSLIP). As an Assistant Manager in charge of the Farm, the incumbent will be tasked with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Farm Manager in ensuring that the Farm operates effectively by ensuring optimum utilization and management of the farm resources at minimal costs.
- Increase output of livestock and livestock products through improved efficiency in the management of livestock production systems.
- Oversee maintenance and repair of farm machinery and equipment.
- Participate in various and Departmental Meetings on livestock issues.
- Assist in preparing budgets for the farm materials
- Supervise and appraise the performance of Animal Health Assistant and produce annual reports.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Farm Manager from time to time.
Assistant Farm Manager Job Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree or a Diploma in Animal Production, Veterinary Medicine, Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Farm Management or its equivalent from a recognized University. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Six (6) years relevant working experience for the bachelor’s degree or ten (10) years’ experience for the Diploma at a level of Farm Manager or Assistant Farm Manager.
- Assist the Farm Manager in providing technical support services for academic, research, innovations for income generating activities of the farm.
- Must have hands-on experience in management in a busy livestock farm.
- Must be result oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Must be committed, interested and available to attend to matters of the farm.
- Must be computer literate.
How to Apply
Applications, in ten (10) copies, should be addressed to:
The Deputy- Vice-Chancellor Administration and Human Resource Management
South Eastern Kenya University
P.O. BOX 170-90200,
So as to be received on or before Friday 28th September, 2018.
The KCSLIP is an equal opportunity employer