Assistant GM Jobs, Director Jobs, General Manager Jobs, Insurance Jobs, Alternate Doors Jobs
Our client is an insurance brokerage company.
Currently looking to hire an Assistant GM to handle the Operations.
The person will be responsible for overseeing the company’s operations i.e. underwriting, claims management, staff management and operational processes/ systems.
- Develop, recommend, implement, and interpret client service procedures; evaluate the ongoing effectiveness of current operations and systems
- Coordinate activities with other internal units as required to meet customer needs
- Address unusual or difficult inquiries/situations through direct personal action or refers to the appropriate individuals
- Ensure effective and efficient management of underwriting and claims units in the organization
- Help in the management of staff in the organization
- Ensure customer complaints are identified and recorded. Also, acting as the escalation point for complaints
- Participate in Client review meetings, external audit feedback sessions and new business tender processes
- Ensure that work levels are evenly distributed across the teams; implement work reallocation strategies where appropriate to ensure effective Work in Progress management.
- Take appropriate action to address situations where referrals are not being made.
- Work towards agreed budgeted revenue and costs. Construct and effectively manage team budgets.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business management/Insurance/Actuarial Science
- Have a minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience, one of which should be at managerial level with proven result oriented track record
- Professional qualification in insurance is a must
- Personality: A go-getter, enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent communication and social skills. A forward planner with clear focus, mature, reliable, hardworking and able to work without supervision
- Management ability
- Computer skills: Must be adept in use of Ms Word, Excel, Access, power-point, Internet and email
- Honest and with high integrity
- Have a good understanding of the Insurance Act, AKI reports and conversant with the market trends
- Have a good understanding of the Insurance Industry
- Understand and implement processes and procedures
- Have a high sense of diplomacy, accuracy and attention for detail.
- Passion for championing & offering excellent customer service.
- Business acumen, Strategic thinker with ability to make sound decisions for the business
- Ability to probe and negotiate with difficult customers, good at managing relationships
- Have good PR/interpersonal skills, have outstanding communication and reporting skills, problem analysis and listening ability.
How to Apply
Please send you application details to firstname.lastname@example.org