Assistant Legal Officer Jobs, Legal Officer Jobs, Legal Jobs, Old Mutual Jobs
Reporting to the Head of Legal, the job holder position will be responsible for handling perfection of Legal/Credit Documentation relating to approved facilities by providing high level quality support to Credit Department, business teams and related units while providing independent control over the credit documentation and securitization process, as well as General Conveyancing and Commercial.
- Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized University
- Post Graduate Qualifications- Diploma in Law
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with current practicing certificate
- Processing of instructions to External Advocates upon receipt of duly approved Credit Approval, observing turn-around time and high standards of accuracy.
- Ensure the appropriate security documentation on the Bank’s Standard forms have been properly prepared before execution by the Bank.
- Liaising with Branch, Credit Department and external legal counsel on security documentation process and ensuring that security documentation and other conditions of sanction have been perfected/ completed.
- Drafting and review of Bank’s contracts, commercial agreements , Leases and Licenses and providing sound legal and commercially focused advice to the business units on the same.
- Supporting Head of Legal in providing sound, accurate, decisive and timely legal advice to Business Units.
- Managing external legal panel and security perfection processes in a timely manner and advising the bank on the status of all matters.
- Reviewing the department’s processes and policies to ensure they are in line with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Identifying, mitigating and escalating legal risk within a formal reporting framework for the different business units and working with function heads to mitigate risk.
- Keep abreast and advise on emerging, revised or new regulatory requirements, Bills and regulations.
- Monitor, on a continuous basis, all transactions to ensure that unusual and suspicious transactions are reported to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO).
- Implementing and enforcing the board approved AML, KYC & CFT policy in as far as is applicable within my area of responsibility