Assistant Rail Safety Manager Jobs, Civil Engineering Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi, Kenya Railways Corporation Jobs
The Assistant Rail Safety Manager will report to Trains Operations Manager
- Periodic review of safety risks in operations
- Leading in the formulation and review of safety policies of the train operations in the corporation as appropriate
- Carrying out independent accident investigations on major railway accidents and enforce compliance with safety standards
- Maintaining an up to date databank of major accidents reported by rail operators as well as preparing reports as required
- Development of operations safety training and awareness programs for all stakeholders
- Development of Emergency Response and Incidents Management plans
- Master’s Degree in Civil /Electrical /Mechanical / Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil /Electrical /Mechanical / Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in relevant work in the Public Service or in the Private Sector with at least 2 years at supervisory level
- Registered as a professional Engineer
- Registered as a Safety Officer
- Valid Practicing License where applicable
- Current membership to a relevant professional body
- Certificate in supervisory/management/leadership skills;
- Proficiency in Computer applications.
- Meets the provision of Chapter Six of Constitution.
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the Kenya Railways application form (KR/HRA/KEA/FM08), attach their testimonials, certificates and National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
In compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution, attach the following clearance Certificates:
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications to be addressed to the:
Kenya Railways Corporation
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
To be received by Friday, 31st May, 2019.
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Railways is an equal opportunity Employer