Assistant Research Officer Jobs, Medical Jobs, KEMRI Jobs
Vacancy: CGHR 93/07/19
This program is collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute and the Stanford University, California, USA whose main purpose is to conduct a research study titled “Disentangling the human vector relationship to disrupt dengue and chikungunya virus outbreaks in Kenya”. The section has a vacancy for an Assistant Research Officer (ARO).
Position: Assistant Research Officer MR 9 (1 position).
Reporting to: Principal Investigator
- Bachelor degree in biomedical/biological science, microbiology or any science related course from a recognized institution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- At least two years work experience in polymerase chain reaction (PCR) in a research set-up
- Experience in viral PCR work will be an added advantage.
- Strong hands-on experience in running a biomedical research laboratory.
- Strong supervisory and management skills.
- Strong data processing skills.
- Ability to work independently, in an organized and a timely manner and under minimum supervision.
- The primary role of the ARO will be to test human blood samples for the presence of dengue and chikungunya viruses using real-time PCR in a research laboratory.
- Implement all laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Upload all laboratory data on online databases.
- Relay laboratory results promptly to field teams.
- Manage all laboratory equipment and field supplies.
- Participate in planning meetings and scheduled conference calls with other members of the study team.
- Coordinate and train students on attachment and internship assigned to the laboratory.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Terms of Employment
One (1) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a probation period for the first 3 months.
The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales.
How To Apply
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number).
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address.
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers.
- Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts.
Apply to Deputy Director, CGHR, P.O. Box 1578-40100 Kisumu not later than August 13, 2019.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted