Our client, Brown’s Food Company, is the umbrella brand for Brown’s Cheese, Delia’s Ice Cream and The Cracker Shack. They make a range of high-quality natural cheeses, fast moving commodities e.g. cheddar and mozzarella as well as butter and yoghurt. They sell the products in Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda and South Sudan.
The company is seeking to recruit a highly talented individual to fill in the following position:
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Milk Quality Assurance Officer will be responsible for overseeing the procurement of dairy raw milk of the highest quality, preparing and submitting monthly quality reports. The incumbent will interface directly with executive leadership, department managers, and third parties to drive profitable growth and continuous improvement of company processes.
- Ensuring that milk received satisfies the pre-scribed quality requirements of the company
- Enhancing efficiency and effectiveness in the milk procurement process
- Overseeing proper hygiene maintenance in the handling of milk and ensuring that the appropriate tests on milk are carried out and recorded
- Supervising and coordinating work and staff including milk transporters
- Ensuring that all dairy suppliers meet the quality criteria of the company program
- Continuously improving best practices across the business with focus on quality and efficiency
- Updating existing Food Safety Procedures and documentation to keep up with changing requirements
- Preparing and submitting daily, weekly and monthly milk purchasing reports
- At least a Diploma in Food Science and Technology or related course
- At least 3 years of experience in a quality assurance department in a company in the dairy industry
- Must have food handlers’ certification
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to make independent and objective decisions
- Excellent report writing skills, communication skills and problem-solving skills as well as proven team leadership skills
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees with the subject MILK QUALITY ASSURANCE OFFICER by COB 25th January 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.