Barman/Waiter Jobs, Hotel Jobs, Alternate Doors Jobs
Our Client in the hospitality industry is currently looking to hire a Barman / Waiter.
- Serve drinks to customers in a friendly and helpful manner;
- Communicate with colleagues/guests with regards to beverage orders
- Have full knowledge of the beverage offerings to be able to inform the guests and up sell where possible
- Be responsive and helpful with regard to off-menu items such as classic cocktails and expand Personal knowledge in this area as much as possible;
- Ensure all the drinks – wines, spirits, liquors, sodas, beers are correctly organized at all times;
- Ensure all products are served according to the set standards
- Ensure the bar area is maintained in a clean and orderly manner at all times;
- Ensure that pre-service requisites are met and that the “Bar Opening and Closing Procedure Checklist” is completed, follow the correct opening & closing procedure.
- Keep track of wines, beers, liquors, and other supplies;
- Maintain the product quality, by checking beer pipes, cordials, juices etc;
- Follow the correct bar operating procedures with regards to:
- Stock rotation and FIFO procedure
- Requisitions (according to business needs)
- Maintaining bar stocks
- Checking on all expiry dates on all bar items.
- To assist in the supervision of the bar team to ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with statutory Health and Safety requirements including food hygiene Regulations.
- To ensure that the bar team adheres to all the Atmosphere standards in every interaction with members and guests, colleagues, other members of the Atmosphere team and external suppliers and contacts.
- Competent in directing guests around the entire restaurant
- Ensure that all cash discrepancies are reported to the supervisor or manager
- Ensure all operating equipment is handled carefully
- Ensure that correct payment procedures are followed in accordance with “Payments & Till Procedure”
- Maximize sales revenue wherever possible
Health and Food Safety
- Report all potential and real hazards immediately;
- Be fully conversant with all departmental Fire, Emergency procedures;
- Ensure the safety of the persons and the property of all within the premises by strict adherence to existing laws, statues and applicable ordinances, and reporting any possible hazards and conditions to the Shift Supervisor
- Have a general awareness of Health and Safety in relation to all tasks and activities undertaken in the department
- Maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene and body language.
- Maintain a good working relationship with both colleagues and guests
- Cooperate closely with colleagues and other departments to ensure a prompt service is given at all times
- Maintain the attitude of “It’s all about service”
- Help to maintain a good working environment within the department and good working relationships with all other departments in atmosphere.
- Attend training sessions and meetings as and when required
- Maintain high confidentiality with regard to guest’s personal information
- Carry out any other duties assigned by your shift supervisor
- Active listening – Giving full attention to what people are saying, taking time to understand.
- Speaking – talking to other effectively.
- Service orientation – actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social perceptiveness – being aware of others and understanding why they react as they do.
- Instructing – teaching others how to do something.
- Persuasion – persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Coordination – adjusting actions in relations to others’ actions.
- Creativity – be able to come up with creative and original drinks and ideas on cocktails.
- Friendly and outgoing.
- Good communicator.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Good listener.
- Pays attention to details.
- Oral expression- ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral comprehension – ability to listen to and understand information .
- Speech clarity – ability to speak clearly so others understand you.
- Problem sensitivity – ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. Recognizing a problem.
- Formal or informal training in hospitality
- Customer care service
- Formal Bar training
How To Apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com