As a Business Development Assistant in our Commercial team you will support corporate business development efforts to expand company product portfolio through acquisition and will work in a collaborative environment with other internal departments including; Commercial, Project Management, Support/Operations and Technical.
The Business Development Assistant reports to the Business Development Manager.
When it comes to generating leads, day-to-day duties typically include:
- Researching organizations to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes decisions about purchasing
- Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
When it comes to the challenge of actually selling/bidding, other typical duties include:
- Preparing tenders, Proposals, PowerPoint presentations and sales displays
- Contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the company’s products/services
- Developing quotes and proposals
- Negotiating and renegotiating by phone, email, and in person
- Meeting set acquisition targets
- Bachelor’s Degree in BBIT/Business related studies. Preferably Marketing/Sales
- 2 years of solution sales experience of B2B i.e. bidding/tendering. I.T Consultancy will be an added advantage.
- Experience of working within SLAs is a must
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure/targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Delivery focused, proactive approach to work
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs stating their expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st January 2019 clearly stating on the subject “Business Development Assistant”