Our Client is a multinational company delivering solutions for projects related to Energy, Infrastructure and Process industry. Specifically, they provide services in engineering, procurement, manufacturing, construction, commissioning, and maintenance.
They seek to recruit a self-motivated and result-oriented BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER to: take lead in identifying business opportunities for Engineering and Technology(E&T) from clients in the East Africa region; gather and share information with stakeholders related to upcoming projects; and establish strong network with clients and other key persons and decision making authorities involved in project awards. Also s/he will provide information on competitors and prevailing market rates for effective product pricing.
- Generate leads and inquiries by identifying potential clients, business collaborators and decision makers within the client organizations and build relationships with new clients by setting up meetings between client’s decision makers and company’s key personnel to convert opportunities in to business generation.
- Discuss, compile, review and finalize latest information on various potential upcoming projects on regular basis in order to support management in formulating strategies related to business plan and setting out business targets.
- Identify the need for pre-qualification with owners, Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) companies, consultants, new potential clients and acquire enlistments accordingly.
- Carry out market intelligence, through various sources (like internet, newspapers, seminars, B-B meetings etc), to remain well acquainted with potential business opportunities to prepare and update BU’s business plan and marketing strategy.
- Identify new potential clients and business collaborators and the decision makers within the client organizations / collaborators and build relationships with new clients by setting up meetings between client decision makers and company’s key personnel.
- Comply with all company policies and standards as applicable to the company systems, procedures /documents and core values, in order to deliver the expected quality of work.
- Attend industry functions, such as technical events, conferences and exhibitions, and provide feedback and information to management on market and creative trends. Arrange and participate in client debriefs during these events and later on while visiting potential clients.
- Maintain weekly Client’s visit record and share it with Manager BD and Head BU. Attend online E&T’s weekly meeting, Corp’s monthly Overseas BD meeting, and give highlights of upcoming business opportunities.
- Provide miscellaneous support to Manager BD, Head BD EPC Division, Head BU E&T and Proposals Coordinator as and when required, in order to meet Sales/ BD related requirements and BU goals.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering Degree (additional MBA degree will be an added advantage)
- 10~12 Years’ Experience mostly in marketing & business development.
- Good Sales knowledge of B-B Market and its Dynamics
- Having good networking with Market drivers or key stake holders in Engineering, Contracting and Manufacturing Sectors of Kenya in particular, and of Uganda, Tanzania & rest of East Africa in general.
- Proven record of deliverance of targets assigned
- Must possess effective communication and writing skills.
- Good knowledge of computer and applications relevant to BD.
- Ability to develop and make presentations for existing and prospective customers, in a professional manner.
- Negotiation skills: Ability to negotiate and dialogue with clients/customers.
- Analytical skills: Ability to present data available to facilitate decision making
- Leadership skills : Ability to Lead a team independently and driving the team to achieve given targets
- Interpersonal skills: He/she must have the ability to handle people/team and to motivate them to achieve results
- Creativity: Must be able to develop fresh ideas and strategies within the Company’s current domains or in new areas by development of Strategies /Business Plans for Division and Management approvals
- Multi-tasking: He/she must be able to complete several tasks together and meet up with deadlines.
- Ability to identify and engage in new business avenue(s) for the company
- Self-motivated to drive the team to reach specific goals and targets against internal and external challenges
How To Apply
Qualified and interested applicants to send their application and detailed CV, indicating current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org, explicitly indicating the position in the email subject line, by latest Friday 15th February 2019
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.