Business Development Manager Job at Corporate Staffing Services
Our Client is a leading multinational company providing integrated solutions in financing, risk management & Off-take with a focus on power generation, plant, maritime and infrastructure. They are seeking to hire a Project Development Manager who will be involved in scouting for new development project opportunities that the company can take part in in East Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Uganda) in the Energy, Health, ICT, Maritime and Transport sectors.
Location: Nairobi with frequent travels through East Africa region
Gross Salary: Competitive
Business Development Manager Job Responsibilities
- Identify trendsetter ideas and screening potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new ventures with strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Provide avenues for the company to participate on project funding activities in areas of Health, ICT, Transportation and Energy
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Provide a link between other functions in the regional office
- Putting in place structures that foster excellent customer service delivery
- Development, launching and promotion of new value adding products, in line with the company’s capabilities
- Responsible for customer relations and maintaining the company’s image.
- Gather and analyse information about new projects and writing comprehensive reports
- Create, correspond & maintain network with concerned parties i.e. Policy makers, government, industry stakeholders
- Create a winning strategy on future projects, giving advice to management on equity investment options
- Support the headquarters sales activities in regard to funding projects in East Africa.
Qualifications for the Business Development Manager Job
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a relevant field of study. Master’s degree (Preferred)
- Aged between 30-40
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Prior experience handling infrastructure projects (Energy, Health, ICT, Maritime and Transportation) in an international company, the government or a private company.
- Must have been involved in project development and implementation or construction management on a million dollar project.
- Work experience in Kenya and the East African region
- Desired candidate must have a strong network of influence in their field of specialization, with ability to network with C-suite, Government and Industry experts
- Have at least between 6– 10 years of experience in project development
- Great sales and marketing strategy, skills and tactics.
- Possess great presentation, negotiation and customer handling skills
How to Apply