Business Intelligence Associate Jobs, ICT Jobs, Komaza Kenya Jobs
Komaza is revolutionizing African forestry by unlocking the potential for small-scale farmers to serve booming wood markets. By combining high-scale operations with digital intelligence, we are currently planting commercial-grade forests at a rate of over 1 million trees with 5,000+ new farmers per year, making us Kenya’s largest industrial tree planter. We hold the only sustainable blueprint for meeting Africa’s $30B wood supply crisis – by leveraging farmers’ contribution of land and labor, Komaza can access nearly limitless land and establish a hectare of trees for far less than big plantations.
We have been recognized with numerous awards and investments, including The Climate Policy Initiative, The Nature Conservancy, Forbes, and Novastar Ventures.
Business Intelligence Associate
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 3 years
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: ICT / Computer
- Work with our Technology Team to design the future of digital extension services for Agriculture
- Identify and provide input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the Komaza-wide BI systems
- Design, improve and implement data systems for our value chain operations, regional expansion sites, and shared service teams
- Design and implement new data collection methods to keep our data complete, updated and useful
- Develop custom analytical tools for use across the company
- Collaborate with value chain departments to extract meaningful insights for operational improvement
- Serve as a data consultant to multiple departments, training others on best practices on research design methodology, as well as data collection tools and techniques
- Develop data roadmaps, analysis, dashboards, process flows, survey forms and more
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Data Science or any other related field.
- At least 3 years experience and knowledge with Business Analysis and/or related technical experience.
- Experience working in fast-paced, demanding environment of a fast-growth company
- Experience working with data collection and management in remote/rural, challenging environments is a plus
- Good command of google sheets, excel, any other software a plus (SQL, R, Python)
- Knowledge of mapping tools (QGIS, Carto) and processes an added advantage
- High energy and enthusiasm; Flexible and self-motivated with the drive to do whatever necessary to get the job done
- Self-directed and intellectually curious – you know how and when to seek feedback in the pursuit of continuous improvement
- Growth-driven with a strong desire for personal development
- A collaborative problem solver who seeks the opinions of other teammates and departments in the development of creative and sustainable systems
How to Apply