Business Process Analyst Jobs, Finance Jobs, GreenLight Planet Jobs
Greenlight Planet is a multi-national, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 32 million people in more than 60 countries and have sold over 8 million products worldwide.
From the company’s wide range of trusted Sun King™ solar lamps and home energy systems, to its innovative distribution partnerships, to its EasyBuy™ pay-as-you-go consumer financing model, Greenlight Planet continuously strives to meet the evolving needs of the off-grid market.
Greenlight stays in touch with underserved consumers’ needs in part by operating its own direct-to-consumer sales network, including thousands of trusted sales agents (called as “Sun King Energy Officers”) in local communities across local communities. For Sun King Energy Officers, this is not only a good source of income and employment but also they become an important member of their community bring light and catering to local energy needs within their communities.
Today, with over 900 full-time employees in 11 countries, we remain continuously impressed at how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to the global off-grid challenge, from new product designs, to innovative sales and distribution strategies, to setting up better collection mechanisms, to better training strategies, to more efficient logistical and after-sales service systems. We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of underserved consumers.
Greenlight Planet is looking for a Business Analyst, Process Excellence who will have a leading role in helping to reshape critical business processes across the organization. They will join at the ground floor of a new team with an ambitious agenda to deliver step change performance improvement across critical business functions like Sales, Operations, Training, Call Centres, HR, etc.
- Process Improvement Methodology: Formulating process standards & improvement methodology and driving adoption across EasyBuy, delivering savings in costs, process cycle times reductions, and error rate reductions
- Process Architecture: Developing a Processes Architecture detailing all the organizations Business Processes, their Process Flows, Procedures and Work Instructions
- Business Process Analysis: Conducting analysis of existing business processes & systems through observation, interviews, data analysis, etc; Summarizing and succinctly presenting findings to your supervisor and other leaders in Greenlight Planet
- Process design, redesign and vetting: Working with the supervisor and project sponsors to design critical business processes that deliver increased revenue, reduce cost, or qualitative improvements like customer satisfaction. Designing processes with strong controls and KPI measurement.
- Piloting and/or leading scale implementation of new processes & systems: Working with project sponsors to prototype new processes or business improvements; project manage for successful implementation; collect data & feedback on performance; roll-out changes to all country operations.
- Preparing client ready documentation of new systems including process documents, reporting dashboards [excel, looker, BI etc. training materials, presentations etc.
- Training: Conduct trainings with junior, and senior field and office-based staff members transferring knowledge and excellent implementation of new processes
- Conducting field visits with EB operations across East Africa
- Any other business as assigned by your supervisor
- Has a bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, Finance or other related field from a Regional or Globally Recognized University. An advanced degree is welcome
- Has 2 years experience in a strategy or operational consulting role from a top regional or global consulting firm or business.
- Has 1 year experience in project management
- Has at least 1 year experience training teams
- Is highly analytical with high degree of competency in Excel/Google Sheets, BI software (Looker, Microsoft BI, Tableau) and other analytical tools [this will be tested, do not apply if you do not have these skills]
- Is a critical Thinker: Very strong ability to structure problems and drive towards solutions even in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial Spirit with qualities of being able to work independently and figure things out with innovative thinking, problem-solving skills and presence of mind.
- Holds a track record of success in their role e.g. fast promotion, demonstrable experience in exceeding results in their role
- Is ambitious, works hard and works smart (efficiently) wants to supercharge their professional development
- Is fluent in English with advanced verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate is able to distil information and understand the way to communicate to different audiences to get results
- Demonstrates humility
- Is passionate about working with rural, off-grid consumers and resolving their issues.
- Is driven by the social mission to provide energy to consumers and employment to rural communities.
- Should be a value driven individual.
- Has at least one year working experience in a high-pressure environment
How To Apply
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people, everywhere. It is the reason we exist! So, regardless of your race, colour, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law, we will accept your application and make a decision based on your suitability for the position.